Tool steel for hot working WWN1 according to PN-H-85021.
|Chemical composition %|
|0.25 - 0.35||0.25 - 0.50||0.15 - 0.50||<0.030||<0.030||2.5 - 3.0||1.2 - 1.6||0.3 - 0.5||8.0 - 10.0||<0.3|
WWN1 - specification and application
It is a prototype of WWV / X30WCrV9-3 / 3Ch2V8F grade, with additional nickel content. Hot working grade with very high hardenability, hardness at high temperatures, resistance to tempering, and dimensional stability during heat treatment. Material without proper working temperature (min.300C) is characterized by low impact strength, which results in a tendency to crack. The tools do not adequately withstand fluctuations in the working temperature.
Material used, among others, for moulds for casting of non-ferrous metals under pressure, press parts, dies for extrusion and forging of non-ferrous metals, hot cutting shears, punches, dies and tools for the production of screws, nuts, rivets.
Mechanical properties of WWN1
- Hardness in softening annealed condition: <269HB
- Hardness after heat treatment min. 46 HRC
- Hardness after hardening and tempering at temperature:
- 300C = 48.0 HRC
- 350C = 47.8 HRC
- 400C = 48.0 HRC
- 450C = 49.0 HRC
- 500C = 50.0 HRC
- 550C = 51.0 HRC
- 600C = 49.7 HRC
Heat treatment of WWN1 steel
- Softening annealing at a temperature of 740-780C
- Relief annealing at a temperature of 600-700°C
- Hardening at the temperature of 1050-1120C
- Tempering at the temperature of 500-650C
- Nitriding at the temperature of 470-550C