61CrSiV5, 1.2243 - Tool steel for cold working according to DIN 17350.
|Chemical composition %|
|DIN||61CrSiV5 - 1.2243|
|0.57 - 0.65||0.6 - 0.9||0.7 - 1.0||<0.035||<0.035||1.0 - 1.3||0.07 - 0.12|
61CrSiV5, 1.2243 - specification and application
Tool steel with increased carbon content reaching hardness of 60 HRC, characterized by high resistance to abrasion, fatigue and good impact strength. The material used in the manufacture of metal shears, blades, cutting tools, dies, punches, drills, cutters, wrenches and caps in basic cold working mechanics.
- Softened state <220 HB
- Heat treated condition 40-62 HRC
- Hardness after tempering at temperature:
- 100C = 62 HRC
- 200C = 60 HRC
- 300C = 57 HRC
- 400C = 52 HRC
- 500C = 48 HRC
- 600C = 40 HRC
- Softening at a temperature of 700-740C with cooling in furnace
- Relief annealing at a temperature of 650-680C with cooling in furnace
- Hardening at a temperature of 850-880C with cooling in oil
In the above mentioned grades the company delivers:
Other designations of the grade:
61CrSiV5, 61 CrSiV 5, 2243, K507, 1.2243, AJ30H, 61SiCrV5.